Singita Kwitonda Lodge
High End Lodge, Rwanda
Boasting breathtaking views of the Sabyinyo, Gahinga and Muhabura volcanoes and surrounded by high-altitude forests, Singita Kwitonda Lodge offers an experience unlike any of Singita’s other destinations. With its exceptional natural beauty, environmentally conscious luxury and transformative, purpose-driven experiences, the lodge was designed in response to this remarkable location, and the eight contemporary suites (as well as the private four-bedroom villa – Kataza House) are linked by volcanic rock pathways to the central lodge.
The interiors emphasise local design and handcrafted details adorn the carefully planned spaces. Layered textures and colours enhance the reflective quality of this tranquil haven and an experiential enclave offers free-flowing indoor and outdoor areas. A convivial fire pit, interactive kitchen, bar-deli and wine cellar complete the picture.
Singita Kwitonda Lodge and Kataza House provide a contemplative, nurturing space in which to appreciate the transformative experience of coming face to face with the forest’s gentle giants.
For most guests, a gorilla trek is at the top of their list when they visit Rwanda and a stay at Singita Kwitonda Lodge or Kataza House allows them the privilege to encounter one of Africa’s most majestic and gentle creatures in the wild, while immersed in the beauty of their pristine natural habitat.
The distance of each gorilla trek is varied, so depending on which family group guests are allocated, the duration is anywhere from a couple of hours to a full day. Meals and lodge activities are flexible around each trek.
As children under the age of 15 are unable to participate in gorilla-treks, they will be cared for at the lodge with a variety of supervised activities and educational opportunities on offer.
Rwanda can be visited at any time of the year and gorilla trekking is a year-round activity. The average temperature at Singita Kwitonda Lodge and Kataza House is approximately 15 degrees Celsius, although humidity can be high.
Suggested Clothing and Gear:
– For trekking one should have: boots with good grip, gators, gloves, waterproof jacket, thick socks, thick pants to protect against stinging nettles, long sleeved tops.
– For the lodge one should have: pants, long sleeve tops, t-shirts, a warm layer for the evenings, closed shoes, a swimming costume.
– Comfortable walking shoes/track shoes/hiking boots for walks.
Clothing and Gear Available for Use:
We have a variety of technical gear and clothing for our guests to use during their stay at Singita Kwitonda and Kataza House. The items are all designed for outdoor hiking and wet weather, perfectly suited for trekking to see gorillas or other animals in Rwanda. Backpacks including a waterproof rain cover for backpack (camera equip)
– Mens and ladies waterproof jackets with a removable inner fleece lining and hood
– Mens and ladies water-resistant hiking pants
– Hiking chaps in two sizes (gators)
– Hiking poles with extendable options and grips
– Gloves for use during hiking to protect hands from thorns and mud
– Trekking lunch boxes which will hold freshly made lunches chosen by the guests – all eco-friendly
– Singita water bottle